Monday, January 4, 2010

I just finished watching Mad Men season 3. It is still a great show...interesting period design and topics, great writing and acting. Season 3 really makes me want to watch season 4...but makes me wish that season 4 will be the last. The standard dramatic arc of "intro to character and conflict" leading to "horrible trials and conflict for the heroes" has no lead at the end of season 3 to the beginnings of a "lessons learned and life and hope spring anew". Let's face it...this is the classic arc...we've just been thru the sort of "Empire Strikes Back" portion after the original delight of "Star Wars" and now we just have our "Return of the Jedi". Let's hope there's no prequels or "yubb-chubb" songs.

I would allow for 1 feature length re-visit to the Mad Men...would love to see where they all land in 1974 or so...write it and shoot it, my people!

No comments:

Post a Comment